Monday 24 November 2008

Shopping Trip

Last week I went down to The Waste Centre in Durban. If you are a sewer and you've been to Durban, you will have visited this Institution! It's been around for years and stocks just about everything that is fabric related.
I was looking for backing fabric for some cushions I have been commisioned to do. The shweshwe fabric I found will do very nicely.
The Waste Centre is situated in an old light industrial area in Durban. I thought I would show you some of what we saw:
From the roof top Parking - a view of The Soccer Stadium which is racing towards completion for the 2010 World Cup Soccer.We also spied "The Artspace Durban" - an art gallery I have been meaning to visit, but have just not got to yet.
We took heed of the instructions on the way down to the shop...And will have to see what I do with this shwe shwe fabric which must have been designed with the Soccer World Cup in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment